Sunday, November 29, 2009

Do You Want to Live?

Do You Want to Live???

Then make sure you check your smoke detector!

I hope I got your attention, because I need you to understand the importance of a smoke detector. So many people take smoke detectors for granted.

According to the American Red Cross, one of the most important points to bring up when discussing fire safety is smoke detectors. They save lives. “Make sure you have one on every level of your home, make sure you check them monthly and change the batteries at least once a year…”

Did you know that home fires are the most common type of disaster, and the most frequent. On average, the Red Cross responds to one every 13-15 hours.

Now those statistics are troubling, especially because we could possibly avoid a house fire disaster by simply changing the batteries in our smoke detectors or if you are guilty...simply hanging a smoke detector in your home.

So, make a promise to start fresh and make your smoke detector a priority today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms & Conditions

This information should not be construed as legal or authoritative advice and is presented for entertainment and informational purposes only.

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
When my twin boys arrived 2 years ago my life was completely thrown upside down...a good upside down, but life as I knew it would never be the same. The true fun began when my boys started moving around, although, it meant BIG home changes. One of my biggest concerns was our fireplace, so I began researching ways to keep our family safe without losing the integrity of our beautiful hearth! Through this journey I have learned that children not only open your heart but truly enhance your home! Stay posted to learn ways to uplift your fireplace while keeping safety and style in mind!

My Blog List

Followers

Submit Hunter, Manual Edited Web Directory